Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Who sends the cards at your house?

Today I discovered something interesting, or at least I thought so.

I recently ordered a greeting card organizer so that I can purchase and/or make several cards and have them on hand, at my fingertips, whenever I need them. Here's what the organizer looks like (I ordered the gray/white one on the right)...

The organizer has dividers and labels inside so that one can categorize the cards. This is so down the alley of those of us who have OCD tendencies. There are labels for several different categories... General Birthday, Juvenile Birthday, Humor Birthday, Religious, Wedding, Sympathy, Thank You, etc. I think you get the picture.

There are also labels for "people" such as Mother, Father, Son, Daughter, etc. The maker of this organizer covered nearly every relationship under the sun, but... and here's where the interesting part comes in and I make my point... while there is a label for "Husband," there isn't one for "Wife."

Hmmm... What does that say to you? Does that mean husbands don't give their wives cards? Nah, I don't think that's the answer.

What that says to me is women are more apt to purchase and/or make cards, send them out, and evidently they're more likely to have OCD tendencies in that they feel the need to organize their greeting card stash in the first place. What do you think? Do I have insight or what?!

No comments: