Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Proud Moment

Our oldest son was recently inducted into the National Junior Honor Society.


D is a very good student and involved in lots of activities in our community.


He's a great kid! Yeah, I wish he'd tucked in his shirt, and if I'd had my way, he'd have worn khakis rather than jeans on this day, but we compromised with a nice collared shirt and shoes other than sneakers. I choose my battles as wisely as I possibly can.


You could say I'm a proud mother, and you'd be right. My husband and I have decided we'll keep him around for a while longer.


My good friend Liesl, whose daughter was also inducted into the NJHS, took this video for me. I got tickled a couple of times when these Junior ROTC cadets accidently poked themselves in the head with their sabers. Luckily they were wearing hats, right? I so wish Liesl had captured that on video. I know, I'm easily entertained.

No comments: