Thursday, November 12, 2009

Coming up for air

Has it really been a week since I last posted? Looking back over the last few days, I'm wondering what I've done with my time. Do I have ANYTHING to show for the time that has passed? Let's see...

The hubby got back from his trip just in time for a Cub Scout bake sale that we stayed up very late baking for, only to discover the following morning that it had been cancelled. That's always a great way to start any Saturday morning, don't you think? I don't want to talk about that anymore. Let's move on, shall we?

Both boys had their last soccer games of the season and one team met afterward for a pizza party to celebrate. They were undefeated in that they won every game except one, which resulted in a tie. My other son's team was equally consistent, just in the opposite way... they lost every stinkin' game.

Saturday afternoon we attended the base-wide Michael Jackson "This Is It" premiere. We were there to support our Relay for Life team, which was having a BAKE SALE. Yes, friends, here in Mayberry we have multiple events every weekend. Unfortunately there wasn't a very good crowd for the event, thus our team didn't exactly make a fortune. I had so many cookies and brownies left over. I proceeded to eat them, all of them, one after another, until I came to my senses and took them to my husband's office.

Tuesday I went to an OCSC meeting/bingo. I actually won something, which is such a surprise because I normally walk away empty-handed at these things. I won a set of two crystal wine glasses, which I needed every bit as much as I need a hole in my head. Do you have any idea how many wine glasses we own? Let's just say we have a few.

Tuesday afternoon we had a meeting with our Relay for Life team, where we got the scoop on the many various activities that will take place during the relay. I'm now officially overwhelmed.

Later Tuesday night I went to a friend's scrapbooking party. She's a consultant and I love the product line her company sells. That was a lot of fun, but I was tired and PMSing (Sorry, I know that's probably TMI, but that's the reality of the situation).

I've also had to turn my attention to some Christmas details. My stateside family has been asking for wishlists for our foursome here in Spain. Is it really that time of year already? Seriously? So I carved out some time to do that. I also uploaded photos online and made calendars to send to family for Christmas.

This week has been dedicated to preparing for the Relay for Life event, which starts tomorrow afternoon. I made an informative poster about liver cancer, the type of cancer our team represents. I wasn't aware that each cancer is assigned a specific color, and I'd nearly finished my poster when my hubby asks the question, "Hey, isn't there a certain color you're supposed to use?" I thought about having a temper tantrum (Remember, I'm PMSing and tantrums are to be expected right now), but instead I sucked it up, and re-did the whole doggone thing.

I've also made a cake to enter in some kind of team competition, as well as a pie since our team will be selling slices to raise money. I may never bake again after this week is over.

Our entire family is participating in Relay for Life and we're camping out all night at the event, something I can honestly say I'm not 100% excited about. It's getting cold and I haven't been sleeping well and did I mention I'm PMSing? My reasons for participating in the relay are varied, and I'm committed, but I'm also tired and we're not even there yet.

Oh yeah, in the midst of all that has been going on this week, we managed to take a family photo to send out at Christmas. That was a challenge as we had to wait for the sun to be in the right place in the sky so we could get a good view of the water from our backyard. I can't begin to tell you how ecstatic I am that this is a done deal. The photo has been uploaded to Snapfish and our holiday photo cards have been ordered, something new for us as we usually send out traditional Christmas cards. Next we have to get crackin' on the annual family newsletter. Sigh...

Tomorrow morning we have parent/teacher conferences with both of our boys' teachers. Later we have to pack up everything but the kitchen sink to take to the football field for Relay for Life, set up camp and let the games begin. Oh yeah, we also have a farewell dinner to attend on Saturday night too. I hope we don't fall asleep in our soup.

We have church services, followed by a chapel council meeting for me on Sunday. Monday I'm planning on making lunch for my hubby's office staff. And by the way, the hubby leaves again on Tuesday, returning on Friday afternoon, just in time for the Scout camporee, which lasts all weekend.

Okay, you're all caught up on what's happening with me. What's happening with you? Are you busy and running with your tongue hanging out too? Come on, fill me in. Gotta run... laundry is calling, as usual.

1 comment:

Kerry said...

Damn Marva you made me tired just reading your entry, I think I need to go take a nap.