Friday, April 24, 2009

Carport or birdcage?

I know I've discussed the critter situation around here quite a bit. We have tree rats and feral cats running amok. We have other people's dogs doing their business on our lawn. Now it seems our carport has become home for one specific bird. I don't get it... It's like Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom around here!

We noticed this bird flying around the carport a week or so ago. It's a pretty bird. Here, you can see for yourself...

The bird acts like it wants inside the storage room, but there's a door leading into that room with a glass window on the door and above it, thus there's no way the bird can get inside unless the door is standing wide open. It's like the bird is confused because it can't get in. It continually hits the glass and flaps its wings like crazy. We can't find a nest anywhere, so I don't know why the bird is so keen on our house.

What we've now begun to notice is that this bird is pooping everywhere! On the door...

... on the car...

... and all over the floor! It's like the carport has become the newspaper that lines a big giant birdcage.

Every time I go outside via the door leading out to the carport, I'm watching for this bird out of the corner of my eye because it just comes out of nowhere, swooping and diving and flapping and... pooping. Anyone got any bright ideas of how to get this bird out of my carport?

1 comment:

Ruthie said...

I am surprised your resident cat doesn't keep the birdie at bay.

Have no idea if this would work, but a sweet lady that we know (Lori K) was told to use moth balls in her attic to get rid of some "lovely" (NOT) animals, and it worked.

Might be worth a try. Get some nylons (VERY old school term) put the moth balls in and tack them to the roof where the bird usually hangs out and of course by the store room door.

Yes it might smell a little, but......

Hope my 'off the wall' idea works.

Say hello to the critters. tee hee