Thursday, April 30, 2009

Mr. Jangles, we love you!

Why am I showing you a photo of a baby toy? Well, it's a very special toy for a very special someone.



This is Miss B. She's my niece. Remember her? Isn't she adorable?

I ordered Miss B some Discovery Toys for Christmas and "Jangles" was among them. Little did I know that it would turn out to be a favorite companion. My mom babysits for my brother and sister-in-law and she often tells me that "Mr. Jangles," the name they have affectionately given the toy, accompanies Miss B wherever she goes.

Why is this special toy such a big deal to me? Well... I haven't met Miss B face to face yet, as she lives in Kentucky and I live in Spain. I'm missing out on so much of Miss B's life and I can hardly wait to see her. It just warms my heart to know she loves the toy I sent her, like maybe in some small way we're connected even though we haven't met. I might just have to buy myself a "Mr. Jangles" so I can feel ever closer to this sweet baby girl.

No comments: