Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Happy Birthday, M!


It's another very big day in our house as my youngest son turns 10 years old today. He's left behind those single digit years and has joined the double digit age. Turning 10 is an even bigger deal for a military brat, for this is the age at which one receives the coveted military I.D. card. M is WAY excited about getting his own I.D. card. And that's not all... He's now of age to go to Jams, the youth center here on base. I told you today is a very big day, didn't I?

Here are a few pics of my little man, who's not so little any longer, as we celebrate his special day...

M poses with one of the birthday gifts he received at the party we had over the weekend. He adores legos, so I have no doubt he'll enjoy building the one he's holding in the photo.


M really enjoyed meeting his baby cousin while we were visiting family in Kentucky. He's never spent a great deal of time with babies, so I think she fascinated him.


M was happy to get his braces off the last time he visited the orthodontist. His smile is bigger than ever these days!


M is really a big fan of his older brother. They're three years apart in age, but they're very close. With all the moving we do and the anxiety and uncertainty that can go along with being the new kid on the block, these two have always had each other.


You know your kid is growing up when he's willing to wear his Scout uniform and read in front of the congregation at church.


M took some golf lessons over the summer and really enjoyed himself. We bought him a junior set of golf clubs. We may have a golf enthusiast on our hands.


M loves hanging out with Dad and D. They're like the three amigos! It warms my heart to see all of my boys spending time together, doing the male bonding thing.

Happy 10th Birthday, M! I love you MORE!

No comments: