Tuesday, September 1, 2009

School is cool!

You know there are parents all across the country (probably all over the world) doing the happy dance this week as kids are making their way back into the classroom. That's right... school is back in session! Time for homework, scheduled events and all that goes along with the beginning of a new school year.

I might be the only that thinks school is cool around here. The boys weren't necessarily ready to go back as they claimed summer didn't last long enough, but hey, it's September and I don't make the rules, so...

Yesterday was their first day of school and I really think it's going to be a great year. The big guy is now a middle schooler and the little man is in 4th grade. That doesn't seem possible to me. Time totally sped by me when I wasn't paying attention. My kids can't be that old, can they?

Both kids seemed happy, albeit tired, when they returned from their first day of the new year. We're going to have some adjustment time now that we're getting up earlier. For the last two days I've been ready to take a nap by mid-afternoon. I'm sure the boys are dragging too. We all need to start hitting the hay a little earlier around here.

Here are the kiddos heading off to school yesterday...I hope you have a great year, guys! Now go start your homework!

1 comment:

kristi said...

Very cute, I can spot the "fake" teen smile!