Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas Tidings Begin

Christmas has come and gone and, as always, I'm left feeling as if it blew past me when I wasn't paying attention. So much preparation and then... POOF! It's over.

We were a busy bunch during the holiday season, and of course it's not completely over as tomorrow is New Year's Eve. I'll share with you some of the highlights of our holiday season, beginning with the base tree lighting ceremony in early-December...

Friends from our chapel sang Christmas tunes and were quite a hit. I always enjoy hearing these two sing together as their voices blend beautifully.


My hubby and some of our local Air Force friends gather during the tree lighting festivities.


This adorable little girl was to perform with her dance team, but the poor thing developed quite a severe case of stage fright and just froze in front of the crowd.


This is my girlfriend's precious little boy and also the object of affection for lots of people, me included. I get my baby fix whenever C's around.


These ladies work for MWR (Morale, Welfare & Recreation for those not familiar with the acronym) and they dressed in candy cane attire for the event. They looked cold, but very cute!


This guy donned a Christmas tree suit for the occasion. I think it takes a man very confident and comfortable with his masculinity to put one of these babies on.

This is just one of many Christmas-related events we attended during the holiday season. More to follow... and I still have to share some photos of previous trips to Portugal and Germany. I have so much to show you! In case I don't post again before January is here, allow me to wish you a Happy New Year.

No comments: