Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Girl Scout Cookies are here!


Anyone else love Girl Scout Cookies besides me? Heaven help me, those cookies are sinfully good, aren't they? I could totally get carried away and eat an entire box in one sitting. My favorite? Thin Mints, of course!


I was curious to see which cookies are the best sellers, so I went to the Girl Scouts website and here's what I discovered...


25% Thin Mints




19% Samoas®/Caramel deLites®




13% Peanut Butter Patties®/Tagalongs®




11% Peanut Butter Sandwich/Do-si-dos®




9% Shortbread/Trefoils



I continued to browse the Girl Scouts website and came across a Q & A section. Here are a few of the questions that I found very interesting, followed by my own non-politically correct answers...

Q: What if I'm not satisfied with my cookies?

A: Seriously? Who wouldn't be satisfied with a Girl Scout Cookie? You might be dissatisfied that you didn't buy more boxes, or that you gained 10 pounds after eating your weight in them, but the cookies themselves are VERY satisfying, in my opinion of course.

Q: What about the concerns of those on low-carb diets?

A: Um... what about them? Hello! These are COOKIES. Low-carb dieters should probably find something else to munch on. How about a carrot stick?

Q: Don't Girl Scout Cookies contribute to the childhood obesity problem?

A: Maybe, but so do lots of other foods. Should we ban all foods that aren't 100% healthy because obesity exists? Please tell me no one is going to ban Girl Scout Cookies. That would be so wrong.

Q: Why don't you offer cookies that are whole-wheat, non-dairy...?

A: I'm thinking the obvious answer is because the cookies would no longer taste good and the Girl Scouts are actually interested in selling the cookies in order to make money. That's just my guess though. Don't take my word for it.

Q: Who are the girls on the Girl Scout Cookie boxes?

A: Who cares? Will knowing this piece of information determine your decision on whether or not to purchase a box of cookies?

The word on the street here is that Girl Scout Cookies have arrived. Better find yourself a Girl Scout and get yourself a box, or two, or three... before they're all gone!

No comments: