Thursday, January 28, 2010

One fine day

Ever had a day when you felt utter contentment? Today has been one of those days for me. The simplest of things made for a truly blessed day...

I woke up with a roof over my head, clean clothes to wear, food to eat and a family I adore.

My husband just got home last night from his third trip this month, and he'll be home for a few weeks before traveling again. Sometimes his job frustrates me to no end, but I desperately LOVE this man and miss him terribly when he's gone.

A good friend picked me up and drove me to and from Bible study this morning. I just treasure her friendship so much and enjoy our time together immensely. I will miss her greatly when we move this summer.

Bible study was fabulous! We're doing a Beth Moore study, which is a first for me, and I'm actually excited about doing my homework. God must be working on me!

I've lost 4 pounds since returning to the gym. While I'm not obsessed with what the scales read, I'm definitely pumped to see that my efforts have begun to pay off. Weight loss is such a great motivator! I so appreciate the support and encouragement people have shown me and I love the camaraderie I share with my workout pals. I have a long way to go, but I've started, which is usually the hardest part for me.

I've had a couple of fun conversations with friends while on Facebook. I love the fact that I can simultaneously instant message with girlfriends in California, Kentucky and right here in Spain. Technology ROCKS!

I watched my kids play outside with their friends for hours this afternoon. They were simply chasing one another, talking, laughing and hanging out. It's so cool to see my kids with their friends. I made them all chocolate chip cookies and they were thrilled.

I witnessed one of God's beautiful masterpieces tonight in the sunset just out my back door. He provides the most incredible sights, doesn't he? I often take them for granted, but I'm trying to remember to slow long enough to fully appreciate the beauty around me.

I have felt an unusual sense of peace and tranquility all day today. I can't explain it. I don't have to. It was a gift. Thanks, God... I needed that.

4 comments:

Ellen said...

Hey there! Which Beth Moore study are you gals working on? I did "Esther" last year at this time and it was awesome. The videos that went along with the study really brought God's word to life. Enjoy, she is such a great teacher.

Marva said...

Ellen, we're doing "Esther" as well. We just finished our first week, but I'm really stoked about it. I love Beth Moore!

Liesl said...

What a great post! 4 lbs? Whoo-hoo! I need to get on your exercise plan. Muy bien, muy bien!

Marva said...

Thanks, Liesl!