Monday, May 3, 2010

You're never too old for free candy!

We're at the stage of our boys' lives where they're figuring a few things out for themselves, quicker than I'd care for them to, I might add. Relax, I'm only referring to Santa, the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy. What did you think I was talking about anyway?

Our oldest is 13, and he's decided he no longer believes in the aforementioned trio. I really don't know how that could be, especially since the Easter Bunny just recently decorated our Easter tree while we were all in bed fast asleep, and left some awesome goodies in the boys' baskets. If anyone has a problem believing in the Easter Bunny, it should be me and my husband. We're the ones who don't get any goodies in an Easter basket!

Luckily for me, our youngest is still a believer... at least we think so. Regardless, he continues to "play the game," and I'm happy to play it with him. He was happy to attend the base kids' Easter Extravaganza, complete with food, crafts and an egg hunt. Oh, and while we were at this event, I saw a handful of kids the same age as our oldest, and I commented to them that I couldn't get D to join us. One of them piped up and declared, "My motto is you're never too old for free candy!" I thought that was cute.

Here's M enjoying a couple of hours of Easter fun...

No kids' event on base would be complete without the bouncy machines.


M found a friend and the two of them hung out together, drinking a cup of hot chocolate (It was a little chilly in the morning).


Just look at my son sitting in this tiny chair! This is evidence that he is, indeed, growing up. The sad face was the result of spilled hot chocolate. He doesn't like getting messy.


This was the big draw... the egg hunt and the possibility of winning a grand prize.


M and his friends wait for their age group's egg hunt to begin. The egg hunts for different age groups were supposed to have staggered start times. Didn't happen. When the first group started, virtually every group began to madly search for eggs. It was just a little disappointing for the those parents with kids that fall in different age groups, as they didn't get the opportunity to take photos of each kid.


While waiting for the egg hunt to begin, I saw some kids using their baskets for other purposes.


Hey, this kid had the same idea!


Some eggs were well-hidden, others were not.


Go, big guy! By the way, the Easter basket M is using is just a generic basket we had at home. His basket, as well as his brother's, the ones they've had since they were babies, were in a storage closet in our carport, and they had mold all over them. We've since attempted to clean them with bleach, but I'm not sure they're going back to the States with us. That makes me a little sad.


Found one!


Hey, just my technique only, but I wouldn't take time to count the eggs. There are more to be found!


The hunt is over and the boys dig through their findings to determine if they've found a prize egg.


They didn't find any prize eggs, but they still had a good time.


Thanks for playing the game, buddy!

No comments: