Saturday, October 20, 2007

Chick flicks, wine and cereal... Oh my!

This is shaping up to be a great weekend. First of all, the cleaning lady came today and my house is spotless. I'm telling you, I'm going to have to give some serious thought into mentioning this lady in my will. I LOVE HER!

My oldest son has already finished most of his homework for the weekend and it's only Friday night. He didn't even complain about it, which made it even nicer. And the reason he did his homework early is because...

Tomorrow my husband is taking both boys camping overnight. I'M NOT GOING! (I actually have a prior commitment with our church, so it's not like I'm purposefully blowing off my family.) I just realized I have never been alone in the house since having kids 11 years ago. What will I do with myself? I can do ANYTHING I want! Maybe I'll rent some chick flicks and open a big ol' bottle of wine. Maybe I'll have cereal for dinner or order out. Maybe I'll soak in the tub for an hour and read. Maybe I'll scrapbook for the first time in ages. Maybe I'll go to bed early just because. The possibilities are endless!

Time alone sounds absolutely heavenly, but I'll be honest in admitting that I'll miss the men in my life tomorrow night, and I hope they'll miss me just a little too.

No comments: