Saturday, October 27, 2007

I won! I won! Well... sort of.


Last night the boys participated in their monthly Cub Scout pack meeting and in addition to the regular Scout business, the kids were invited to wear their Halloween costumes and bring spooky desserts, both of which would be judged in separate contests. The boys "cleaned house" in the costume category last year, but I don't know why since they were Captain Jack from "Pirates of the Caribbean" and Harry Potter, not exactly the most original costumes, and most definitely store bought. Whatever... the boys won and they were happy as could be.

This year the boys' costumes are once again not very original in that Harry Potter has been chosen yet again (Hey, I saved a few bucks since we already had the costume, so that works well for me!) and we've added Spider-Man (the evil one from Spider-Man 3). They didn't win anything this year and my youngest was a little bummed. Hello! There were multiple Harry Potter and Spider-Man costumes, so what can you expect? All I'm saying is... use a little more imagination and originality next year.

Okay... on to the part where I actually win something... the spooky dessert contest! First of all, no one's kids actually make their own desserts. Everyone knows the parents do it, right? The spooky dessert contest had each den competing for the honors, but I didn't know that at the time. I thought they gave a prize for the best overall dessert. Since my oldest son is in a den of only 4 kids, and no one else entered a dessert in the contest, I figured I'd enter my dessert to represent his den. Besides, our youngest son's den had several desserts entered in the contest. I ended up winning the best spooky dessert for my oldest son's den, but it was only because no one else in the den brought anything! So, yes, I won... well... sort of. It's a bit anticlimactic.


No comments: