Thursday, October 25, 2007

Sock Issues

My oldest son has sock issues. He can't (and won't) wear just any sock. In the past when I've purchased him new socks, he's complained that they "hurt" his feet. Have you ever in your life heard of socks hurting someone's feet?

I can't tell you how many times I've returned socks and the folks at the customer service desk at the store just look at me as if I've lost my mind. Most stores want to know the reason for returning an item and I just cringe when I have to explain my reason.

"Yes, I know what size my son wears, and yes, these are the right size, but they don't fit him."

This kid is literally walking out of the socks in his drawer. They are nasty, dingy and have holes wearing in the bottom. I don't want him to take off his shoes anywhere for fear someone will call the Department of Social Services and have my child taken away from me for suspicion of neglect.

Something had to be done, so today I broke down and bought more socks in hopes that my son will wear them. As I was shopping in the local Target store, I nearly dropped to my knees and prayed on the spot for these socks to fit. I'm happy to report they are keepers. Life is good!

No comments: