Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Weekend in Paris - Part V

This is it... the final post of "Weekend in Paris"... I swear! (By the way, I've posted Part IV and Part V of "Weekend in Paris" at the same time, so be sure to check out both.)

The Eiffel Tower just screams "PARIS!" Whenever I think of this city, I picture the Eiffel Tower in my mind. Doesn't everyone? I couldn't imagine a trip to Paris without seeing this incredible structure.

We're getting closer! I'm totally in awe of the fact that I'm in Paris and I'm actually going to go up the Eiffel Tower. Somebody pinch me (not too hard though)!

I couldn't take my eyes off of it...

... so I just continued to take photos.

This is a view of the Seine River from atop the Eiffel Tower. The weather was nasty, so there was limited visibility, and we were only allowed to go the second level of the tower due to strong winds. It was foggy, rainy, and at one point, we even felt sleet stinging our faces.

Another view from atop the tower...
One more view... You can see the fog is really rolling in now. I really wish we'd been able to visit on a clear day.

My son's glasses were all fogged up, but he was still wearing a smile.

The observation deck on the second level was pretty cold and miserable, but we were determined to experience the Eiffel Tower no matter what.

It's gotten dark and we're already back on the ground, getting ready to jump back on the Metro and head back to our hotel. The lights on the tower are a beautiful blue and the stars are more visible now. Notice the white-ish dots on the photo. Those would be raindrops on the camera lens.

The tower was truly beautiful and photos definitely don't do it justice, particularly those taken in the rain.

The tower was practically glowing! The visit to the Eiffel Tower was one of the highlights of our trip, and we hope to return someday.

Thanks for checking in and taking the "Weekend in Paris" photo tour. Hope you've enjoyed the sights. If you've never had the opportunity to visit Paris in person, I highly recommend it. Au revoir!

No comments: