Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Busy! Busy! Busy!

It's already been a week since my last post and I don't know where the time has gone. Time literally seems to fly and I'm having trouble keeping up. I have yet to finish telling you about the remainder of my in-laws' visit and I also have trip details to share in regard to our Portugal excursion over the weekend. We've had some computer issues as well and I have a BUNCH of photos to post.

Fall is here, but it doesn't feel like it in southern Spain with temps still in the high 80s to low 90s. This is normally my favorite time of the year as I always look forward to cooler temps, colorful leaves on the trees, fall decorations, foods that go along with fall (pumpkin, chili, soups, etc.)... If only it were a little cooler.

I've decorated the house for fall and ordered one kid's Halloween costume off the internet since I couldn't find what he wanted here at the NEX. The other kid is 13 and he's going to make his own costume. He's evidently going to some dance at the youth center on base on Halloween night. I need to find out more details as reliable sources tell me he has invited a girl to go to the dance, however, we've yet to get any intel out of him, and it's KILLING me!

Once Halloween is over, it seems Christmas is just around the corner. I've yet to begin shopping, which isn't exactly very smart due to the fact that planning ahead is the name of the game when living overseas. It's very challenging to shop here and the filling out of the customs forms at the post office can be painful. It might be a gift card kind of Christmas again this year. Thank the Lord for the internet! Can I get an amen?