Thursday, October 22, 2009

Sunrise Sunset

One of the many reasons I love living where I do is the fact that we are given the opportunity to witness sights like this every day...
The sun is rising here and even though it's not yet visible to me, I can see the sky come alive with color as the sun rises higher and higher.


I love how the colors mix with the clouds, and as the clouds move and change shape, the colors change too.


Beautiful, isn't it? Photos really don't do this scene justice. I should get up early every morning for this! I don't think there's anything as beautiful as a sunrise.

Okay, I take that back. Sunsets are fairly spectacular too. I've posted lots of Spain sunsets, but not many of the sky just after the sun has set. Check these out... See what I mean?


God sure knows how to use the color palette in the most incredible ways, doesn't He? His "paintings" are never the same two nights in a row. It's both a privilege and a blessing to be witness to something so magnificent.


Sadly enough, I often taken this breathtaking sight for granted as it's just out my back door every night. I get busy and I forget to watch this display of art. Soon enough this will no longer be our view. Perhaps we'll have a great view in our next location too, but wherever we go, it won't be THIS view. Until then, I plan on making more of an effort to appreciate God's artistry unfold before me, morning and night.

No comments: