Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Oops... I nearly forgot to show you a few photos taken the last day of my in-laws' visit. Okay, so they left here almost a month ago. I guess I'm a little behind.

We took my in-laws here, to Gonzalez Byass Bodega. I won't show you tons of photos as we've been to this bodega three times now and I've posted photos every time.


We did see something this time that we hadn't seen before and that's the grapes hanging above.


Here my in-laws pose in front of the jumbo-sized Tio Pepe bottle, always a favorite photo opportunity.


I thought this was a nice view.


After the tour we had tapas (the Spanish version of ham, cheese and crackers) and tasted sherry. Well... some of us tasted sherry. Some of us were driving and weren't able to partake.


See who's not partaking? One guess... ME! I suppose I could go on allowing you to believe I was sacrificing tasting the sherry for the sake of my family's enjoyment, however, that wouldn't be the whole truth and nuthin' but the truth. Here's the real scoop... I was taking some medication at the time that didn't interact well with alchol, and (Shhh, don't tell the Spanish!) I don't really like sherry very much.


Upon leaving the bodega we decided to walk around Jerez for a little while. I always see this scene a little differently every time I visit, therefore I must take a photo each time. The statue is a likeness of the man who founded Gonzalez Byass Bodega and the structure in the background is a cathedral.


We ended up stopping for a late lunch here.


This gentleman entertained us as we ate and people watched.


Poor angel! I wonder how many times a bird has pooped on her head?


This dude and his horse have been dumped on a few times as well.


I'm not sure what the significance of this structure is, but I thought it was pretty. And you know what I do when I think something's pretty... I take a photo of it!

I believe my hubby's parents enjoyed their visit to Spain. We stayed in the local area, but showed them some interesting sights and embraced the culture. They left us for Paris where they had a wonderful time. Now I'm wondering who will be next on our list of visitors. Hmmm....

No comments: