Monday, May 5, 2008

Going to the movies... alone

Yep, I actually went to the movies all by myself on Friday, something I'd never done in my entire life. I guess I'd just never even considered going solo to a movie. I always thought people who did that were either lonely types or just pathetic losers with no friends. I don't think the former describes me, and I certainly hope I don't fall into the latter category.

I just had an unexpected window of opportunity after plans with a friend changed, and decided to take in a matinee showing of "Made of Honor," the new Patrick Dempsey flick. I recommend this light-hearted romantic comedy for two reasons: 1) Patrick Dempsey stars in it (HELLO!), and 2) it's actually quite entertaining.

I have to admit I almost freaked out after getting my popcorn and soda (both an integral and necessary part of the whole movie experience) and getting situated in the theater. First of all, there was no one else (That's right... NO ONE ELSE) in the entire theater when I arrived. I sat down, got comfy and then the previews started. The first preview was downright scary and it gave me such a creepy feeling. I kept looking around to make sure I was, in fact, alone. Finally four other people entered the theater and I was so glad not to be the lone movie watcher any longer.

Would I go to the movies by myself again? Hmmm... maybe... but I'd prefer to go with someone.

No comments: