Wednesday, May 21, 2008

I'm ba-ack!

I can hardly believe it's been nearly a week since I've blogged! I was beginning to feel a touch of withdrawals coming on. I just had to type a line or two before things got ugly for me.

It's been a busy week or so. You know how the end of the school year is... field trips, special events, teacher appreciation, etc. And of course I was there for everything because I'm nosy and must be where the action is at all times. That was a joke. Actually, I was there for all those things because I'm weak and have trouble saying no to people begging for volunteers. It's something I constantly struggle with, and doubt I'll ever overcome.

But enough of my sanity issues... We've had some great times over the last few days though. I'll share some of them with you...

My oldest son was involved in the 5th grade Medieval Faire at his school. He dressed as a knight and had a great time. The kids were all so well-behaved and looked so cute dressed up in medieval attire. I was there for "crowd control" (a.k.a. "The Bouncer") and picture-taking purposes. Here's my handsome knight...
They had a big feast in the school cafeteria, which was decorated for the event. The kids enjoyed chicken legs, sliced turkey, corn on the cob, cheese, crackers, carrots and lots of fruit. Jumbo pita bread served as their plates. Check out some of the decorations and a plate of food...
My son and two of his friends were also trumpeters, announcing the arrival of the "royal" party. He thought that was pretty cool. My mom and brother flew in for the weekend to visit and watch baseball and soccer games as well as attend the kids' choir musical at our church. The musical was called "Simon Says," and was centered around Simon Peter, who was on trial for preaching and teaching that Jesus is the Messiah. Both of our boys had speaking parts and did such a great job.
Hope your weekend was full of special moments!

No comments: