Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Nude beaches in Spain

A girlfriend of mine asked me if I'd seen this phone commercial yet. She's seen it several times and every time she sees it, she thinks of me because of the fact that we're moving to Spain soon. I hadn't seen it.

My oldest son, almost 12 years of age, approaches me a couple of days ago with this very serious look on his face and says he wants to ask me something. I'm wondering what on earth is on his mind, so I tell him to go ahead and ask me anything. He tells me about this same commercial and asks me if ALL beaches in Spain are nude beaches. Check out this video!

Side bar... My son is HIGHLY embarrassed about anything to do with nudity. This is the kid, when in the National Museum of Art in Washington, D.C., took one look at a "nude" statue and asked, "Is that REALLY necessary? That's disgusting!"

I told my son I was sure there were a few beaches in Spain where we'd find people in swimsuits. He was so relieved! And of course I was relieved to know he was relieved. It's too soon for my boy to be googling over naked bodies!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww, c'mon Marva, what's that famous saying? When in Rome, do as the Romans do..............
Can't wait to read the exciting blogs from Spain, enjoy!

Anonymous said...

They are topless so watch out!

Susan