Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Moving & PMS... not a good combo!

Well, tonight is our last night in our house. Tomorrow night we'll be in a hotel as all of our household goods will be packed up, linens included. I need you to know how much I'm going to miss my bed for the next couple of months, until our stuff catches up with us in Spain. We did mail our pillows, so that'll be some kind of consolation, but I digress...

While I'm excited about our move and what awaits us on the other end of our journey, I'm a little sad about leaving the house that has been our home for the last two years. This house isn't our home; we've just been renting. Even still, it's been "ours" for the last two years and we'll miss it as well as our neighborhood. Our boys have made some good friends on our street and I know they'll miss them too.

Moving and change are inevitable in our world. The military has taken us lots of places and we've enjoyed them all for various reasons. I always look forward to moving to new places and meeting new people, but leaving is always a little emotional too. I leave every place wondering if we'll ever be back (to live or visit), if our local friends will keep in touch with us once we're gone, if we'll ever see any of those friends again... It's a lot for me to take in sometimes, particularly because I'm very sentimental, and even more so this week because I have PMS. Yes, I realize that's a little too much information, but I've already said it, so there you have it... the ugly truth!

I just love having PMS during emotionally charged events/situations (Note the sarcastic tone). I honestly can't be held accountable for my actions this week due to the fact that PMS has me in its grip. I'm just hanging on here, folks, trying to keep it together. I suppose I could use that to my advantage, huh? Hmmm... PMS ought to be good for something other than making my life and the lives of those around me absolutely miserable!

Good-bye house... good-bye neighborhood... good-bye favorite family restaurant... good-bye church... good-bye school... good-bye DC traffic... WAIT! That's a good thing! Good-bye awesome hairdresser... good-bye shopping malls... good-bye girlfriend... I need a tissue! Did the packers already pack the tissues? WHERE are the tissues? I NEED A TISSUE!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wish I could give you a tissue. You have left your hand print on my heart.

God bless, safe travels, have lots of fun, keep blogging, share your new world, through pictures and blogging (you are a GREAT blogger) with us folks still stuck in DC Traffic, and above all ENJOY!!!

Love ya, Ruth