Sunday, August 3, 2008

How did this happen?

We had dinner on Friday night with the daughter of friends who were neighbors of ours when we were newlyweds in Dover, DE (the first time we lived there). They lived just next door and had two girls living at home, one of whom would become our exclusive babysitter when our oldest son was born a year later. How convenient it was, having the babysitter NEXT DOOR! We didn't know how blessed we were at the time. Trust me, we do now!

Anyway, this daughter of our friends has changed a bit; after all, it's been almost 13 years since we moved next door to her family. She's now a BEAUTIFUL young 20-something-year-old, on her own, living in the DC area and going to grad school. She's in a serious relationship with a MAN who's 30 years old, for heaven's sake! (We even got to meet her special someone on Friday night.)

Our Jessica has become a WOMAN and I want to know one thing... HOW DID THIS HAPPEN? Lord have mercy, I'm getting old!

1 comment:

kristi said...

I KNOW!! I look at my 15 year old niece and want to cry!