Monday, March 16, 2009

Did you hear me? Did you hear me?

We were getting ready to leave the house on Friday morning for Spanish class when a base worker arrived to do some painting outside. My husband answered the door while I hurriedly finished putting on my face in the bathroom. I overheard the entire conversation, which was short and sweet, but a conversation nonetheless.

Basically the workman and my husband exchanged greetings and then the workman told my husband what he was here to do. My husband explained that we were going to school and pointed out the areas that needed painting.

The workman went to get his supplies and my husband rushed back to the bathroom, wide-eyed and excited.

He said, "Did you hear me? Did you hear me? I said a whole sentence and he understood me!"

You totally had to be there, but let me tell you, my hubby was so cute! He was so proud of his newly acquired Spanish language skills. Yep, we're actually learning and it's paying off already.

2 comments:

Liesl said...

Its a GREAT feeling, isn't it?

Marva said...

Liesl,

Yes, it really is a great feeling! We clearly have lots yet to learn, but we're already able to communicate beyond hand gestures, which is amazing considering we're only 2 1/2 weeks into this class.