Monday, March 9, 2009

Pyromania!

Apparently a fire pit is a must for outdoor gatherings here, as seemingly all of our neighbors have one. We've had a small chimenea for a few years, very similar to this one... ... but it's wimpy compared to the neighbors' fire pits, so of course we ran to the NEX and bought ourselves the last one on the shelves. Yes, I know, it's like keeping up with the Joneses, only in our case we're keeping up with not only the Joneses, but the Smiths, the Scotts, the Grapes... You see where this is going? So now we have our very own fire pit.


I love sitting by a fire, don't you? There's something so cozy, comfortable and mesmerizing about a fire. I'm drawn to them, and our children are too, but for different reasons.

Our boys like to burn things. Is that normal? They run around the house, inside and out, searching for things to burn. I'm wondering if we're raising a couple of pyromaniacs.

"Mom, I never wear this shirt anymore. Can I burn it?"

1 comment:

Ellen said...

Nope totally normal. I try to avoid hearing the stories my oldest tells about what happens at the Boy Scout camp he is a counselor at. Especially when it starts out with the words: lighted rope, whipping a tree, woods. If you hear of a forest fire on the East Coast I'm pleading the 5th.