Thursday, March 19, 2009

A nosotros nos gusta conducir nuestro coche en España!

Translation = We like driving our car in Spain!

I know I really like driving our car in Spain. In case you hadn't noticed in photos from previous posts, the streets are quite narrow and parking is a challenge, even in the larger parking lots. Some vehicles, such as our beloved Yukon XL, just aren't conducive to navigating around the local towns, thus we purchased a smaller vehicle a few months ago so that we could eliminate that problem.

We didn't have our hearts set on any particular type of car, however, there was one that caught our eye. It was available, it was surprisingly roomy (We're tall, so we have to have leg room!), it was a pretty good deal, we were able to communicate with the English-speaking salesperson (Very important!) and we really had fun on the test drive, so... we bought it!

Allow me to introduce you to our car...... a 2007 BMW 335xi, a dealer demo never previously owned.
Do I know how to operate the many gadgets on our car? Heavens no! Will I learn how to operate them? Probably not. But do I like driving this car? You know it!

This car is incredibly comfortable. Hello! It has heated seats! Whoever thought to install heated seats in a car was a genious, I tell you! I love the fact that I can navigate the narrow streets and park almost anywhere (There are still places I won't attempt to park here!). It's a smooth ride and I like that it's a standard because our boys will be learning to drive in the not-so-distant future and I think it's important to learn how to drive a stick shift. Our car is also a good-looking piece of machinery, which is also nice. Oh yeah, just one more minor detail... This car has some POWER! Of course we can't open 'er up on base, but when we get 'er off base where it's legal, we're not letting any grass grow under us.

I'm thinking of naming the car because I like it so much. Since "el coche" (the car) is considered a "masculine" noun in Spanish, I suppose I need to think of an appropriate masculine name. Although it's not a Spanish-made vehicle, I'm leaning toward a Spanish name because we live in Spain. Any ideas?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can I borrow it sometime?ha I think you should name it "totally awesome"...