Monday, March 2, 2009

Furniture Polish vs. Air Freshener

I went to a baby shower on Saturday and had to leave the boys alone for a while since my hubby was out of town. No problema as my oldest is quite capable of taking care of himself and his brother in my absence. As I was departing the house, I told the boys they could earn some extra cash if they were interested in doing some dusting and vacuuming while I was gone.

Now... I didn't really expect to come home to a clean house. To be perfectly honest, I didn't expect to find the boys doing anything other than playing Wii, a computer game, or perhaps watching a movie.

I was wrong.

My oldest, who loves extra cash, had actually heard what I suggested and decided to get busy. He dusted some of the furniture, albeit not as thoroughly as I would have liked, however, I've never really given him a complete tutorial, so I'll cut him some slack on the quality of his work. He tried.

What I didn't realize, until much later, was that my son used air freshener instead of furniture polish. No wonder the furniture still looked "cloudy" afterward.

No comments: