Wednesday, March 4, 2009

I only wanted a trim

I want to allow my hair to grow out a bit, but my bangs were getting long and hanging in my eyes, which totally gets on my nerves as it's often very humid here. It's so not a good look for me, therefore...

I got my haircut yesterday, an event I used to really look forward to and thoroughly enjoy before moving to Spain. Here it's a little different situation. There's definitely a language barrier in that I don't speak Spanish and the hairdressers don't really speak much English either. The thing is... they're pretty much the only game on base.

I enjoyed having someone else wash my hair (Isn't that the most wonderful feeling?), but the cut and style are another story. I'm apparently unable to make myself understood. I only asked for a trim and my hair is easily an inch and a half to two inches shorter, not at all the look I was going for. And the style? Hmmm... very outdated and I left rather resembling a bird. Yeah, I know it's only hair and it'll grow back, but I'm struggling to find my happy place once again. You know how we women are when it comes to our hair!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

inWhat, no photo? Are you a blue-jay? A cardinal? A bald eagle??? See what happens when my mind wanders............

Marva said...

Kerry, I would never have allowed myself to be photographed the day of the haircut. Are you kidding me? Let's just say I had short "big hair" and resembled Woodstock with the way it stood up at the crown. I'm trying to get it to lie down a little more now. I felt like a punk rocker chick that first day. :(