Sunday, March 29, 2009

Kitty Cat Woes

Puzzled as to what this might be? I'll save you the time and trouble of guessing. These are cat prints on my car, a very common occurrence here. By the way, we don't own a cat.

This particular morning the cat prints are visible from one end of the car to the other....

Yep, across the trunk, up the back window, over the top of the car, down the front window and across the hood were cat prints...
Luckily cat prints were all we found. We have friends here with cat prints as well as some very distinct scratches on their new car. These same friends have issues with a neighbor's cat that "sprays" practically everything in their back yard. How nice is that?

We're not sure if there is one particular cat roosting under our carport on top of our car. There are many wild cats that roam the area, but there's also one domestic cat with a collar that comes to visit on a regular basis. So far we've refrained from setting up surveillance cameras to find the guilty party responsible for cat prints on our vehicle, but the minute we find scratches, we may find ourselves out shopping for the necessary equipment to make that happen.

You know, I like animals... I really do! I just don't like them on my car, or prefer them making nasty messes around my house. If that's mean and particular, so be it. If you don't mind cat spray at your house, that's certainly your prerogative, but I seriously don't care for that, nor do my poor friends. I believe I can speak for them in saying that they'd prefer your kitty spray at your house, not theirs. Some things aren't meant to be shared with neighbors, and I believe cat spraying falls into that category.

Although we currently do not own any pets, we've been pet owners in the past, and will be again one day. We would never go out of our way to provoke, taunt or injure an animal. Cruelty to animals is not our game. Please know that and take me at my word. I assure you, your sweet, precious Fluffy is in no danger at my house. No matter how many times we find cat prints on our car, we would never take any kind of action against the culprit, but that doesn't mean we don't think about it. *wink

No comments: