Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Back in the saddle again!


Well, it's official... I've removed my "World's Best Couch Potato" badge and traded it in for a new and improved one... the "Lord Help Me I'm Out of Shape but Trying to Get Back into Shape" badge.

A couple of my girlfriends asked me if I wanted to work out with them and I simply couldn't think of a good enough reason not to join them. I guess I'm out of excuses for being a slug and I really do want to be healthier and feel better, not just physically, but mentally and emotionally. I want to be able to walk up a flight of stairs and not feel like I need a hit of oxygen on the spot. I'm tired of squeezing into my clothes and feeling as if I look like a can of biscuits that just exploded. Just focus on that visual for a second. It's not a pretty sight.

I've been making exercise and diet a priority for the last 3+ weeks, and I'm already seeing results. I've lost almost 5 pounds and I feel a difference in my energy level. I'm sleeping like a log at night and just have a better all-around disposition. You know my family is lovin' that! The camaraderie with my workout pals is awesome too. I love the socialization as well as the encouragement we give one another.

Am I struggling?
Yep! I've been on "hiatus" from exercise for several years. I'm not going to get back into shape overnight.

Am I tired?
Yep! But like I said, I sleep good at night.

Am I sore?
You betcha! I'm quite sore, but I'm trying to work out the soreness and keep moving. I hate it when people say, "It's a good kind of sore," because soreness is NOT a good thing in my book, but I do understand it's a necessary evil right now. I won't always be sore, right? Right? Hello?

So say a little prayer for me that I can continue to stay motivated. I need all the help I can get right now.

No comments: