Thursday, February 18, 2010

Valentine Update

Just wanted to keep you up to speed with what went on here during Valentine's weekend...

On Saturday night my hubby took me out to a very nice dinner in El Puerto de Santa Maria. We joined three other couples from our group of friends and had a great time.

Here I am with my funny valentine, who also sprung for a dozen red roses as well as a box of chocolates and a Yankee candle (The latter gifts were from the boys). Yeah, I'm spoiled, and I love it!

I'll show you some of the delicious food we enjoyed during our night out...

The shrimp was really good, except they don't serve it with cocktail sauce.


Someone had a good time playing his food, but I won't mention any names. Those shrimp are literally staring at me! Kinda makes it hard to eat them, but trust me, I managed just fine. ☺


Mmmm... these little deep-fried babies were fabuloso! One was fish, and although I have no idea what the other one was, we referred to it as the Spanish version of a hush puppy.


Chocolate... really good chocolate.

In my last post I told you all about the gifts our boys purchased for their girlfriends. The oldest had given a gift to his girlfriend, which met with genuine gratitude on her part. She's either as sweet on him as he is on her, or she felt guilty for not giving him something the night of the dance, because on Sunday afternoon she showed up, unannounced, at our door with a gift and card for him. Her parents had driven her and were likely watching, therefore she didn't linger. She handed him the gift and the two of them briefly hugged before she said she had to go. I never even got to see her! Anyway, she gave him a very sweet card and a stuffed animal in return and he was so pleased. In that moment, the last 13 years of his life flashed before my eyes. I can't even describe the feeling. I know he'll probably have lots of girlfriends as the years go by, but I think I'm always going to remember this first one as being very special.

Our youngest son has yet to give his girlfriend the gift he picked out for her since she's still out of town. He did, however, share with me some of the notes she's given him at school, all safely folded and hidden somewhere in his room. He was so cute when showing them to me.

Ah, love is a many splendored thing, isn't it? No matter if it's mature love, young love or just puppy love, it's precious. I hope you had a memorable Valentine's Day with someone you love. ♥

1 comment:

Arielle said...

No cocktail sauce for the shrimp? And they are served with the heads? I hate it when my food looks at me from the plate, but perhaps I could make an exception for shrimp. I did pull the heads off boko-nones (?) I ordered one day for lunch in Rota. Can you sneak cocktail sauce in to that restaurant?