Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Do as I say, not as I do...

There's an Air Force conference here in Rota this week. We have a considerable number of out-of-town guests attending, and many of them are traveling with spouses, therefore I've been busy hanging out and having a good time with a bunch of new friends for the past couple of days.

With the help of several of my local Air Force girlfriends, we've put together an itinerary of activities to include a trip to a nearby Spanish village, morning out for a Spanish breakfast, shopping at the gypsy market, walking tour of the local area, lunch at the beach, etc. I'm hoping our visiting spouses are enjoying themselves and feeling welcome here.

Of course it's been my goal to be as organized as possible, sending emails in advance to those in attendance to give them the full scoop... information about the local area, options for daytime activities, weather reports, advice on the type of clothing and shoes to wear, etc.

The past two mornings we've met in the lobby of the hotel where most everyone is staying. I've been reminding everyone to carry their base passes, military ID cards, as well as their passports with them at all times. You never know when you could get stopped at the base gate, or even somewhere off base, and be required to show these items.

So today while we're at the gypsy market, I go to pay for a couple of scarves I've decided to purchase and realize I do not have...
1) any money,
2) my military ID card,
3) nor my Spanish driver's license,
all three of which I am supposed to have for this excursion.

Yeah, do as I say, not as I do...

No comments: