Sunday, September 23, 2007

I wanna be a paleentallagest someday

My 2nd grader came home this week with this poster he'd filled out with information about himself for "Back to School Night." He drew a self portrait, and you know those are ALWAYS precious and incredibly hilarious. My son has glasses and of course he draws them on his little face and it's just so doggone cute.

My little man had to tell who he lives with, whether or not he has pets, his goals, his favorite things, etc. I got such a kick out of reading this poster! There's a sentence that reads "I think I'd like to study to be ________." He filled in the blank with "a Paleentallagest." I thought the spelling was pretty darn good considering "paleontologist" is a hard word to spell. His favorite song is "Hot Cross Buns," which evidently is a cool tune for 2nd graders. Go figure!

I love being able to read more into who this little guy is, you know what I mean? These are his choices, his favorite things, what he's most proud of and, most importantly, his perception of himself. AWESOME... and yes, worth a few good belly laughs.

No comments: