Monday, April 21, 2008

Daytime thunderstorms only, please!

Yesterday we had lots of rain with intermittent thunderstorms, which I occasionally enjoy very much. When it rains like it was raining yesterday, activities move indoors and sometimes events are cancelled, like my son's soccer game which was supposed to be a makeup from a previously rained out game (That game may never be played at this rate!). Sometimes it's just nice not having anywhere to go, especially when we're on the go seemingly every night of the week. We had a very low-key day and I loved every minute of it.

Like I said, the rain was enjoyable during the day, however, I would have preferred it, as well as the thunder and lightening, to have stopped during the night. I was sound asleep when, at midnight, my 8-year-old came into my bedroom and touched my leg without saying a word, and scared me senseless. I bolted upright in bed saying, "What? What? What's the matter?" I thought perhaps he'd gotten sick or something. It was the storm keeping him awake.

He has a twin bed, which doesn't give us a lot of room to snuggle, and since my husband is out of town, I told the little man to crawl into bed with me. Let me just say that I've had zero sleep and I'm a walking zombie today. I'm so doggone T-I-R-E-D! My sweet boy had me hugging the edge of the bed all night long. My back aches from the bony knees stuck in it for hours. I may seriously require traction or, at the very least, a deep tissue massage.

Yep, I love a good thunderstorm, but only during the daytime!

No comments: