Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Hoodies R Us!

My kids have lots of hoodies. They love those things! I like 'em too because I know they're comfortable and warm and they can make a personal statement, but I don't think any wardrobe needs as many hoodies as we have in this house.

Sidebar: Did you ever even hear the word "hoodie" until a couple of years or so ago? I mean, when I was growing up, the words we used for this particular article of clothing were "hooded sweatshirt." It took me a while to understand what a hoodies was. I thought it might be something to adorn the hood of a car or perhaps it was meant to reference a bad-news kid (You know, a "hoodlum," which is often shortened to "hood.") Of course I've gotten with the program and now understand what a hoodie is.

Okay, back to the overabundance of hoodies in my kids' possession... One of the boys actually has more than the other because he has a serious addiction to hoodies and simply needs more and more all the time. I'll just list his hoodies here because I can...

1) red fleece (hand-me-down from his brother)

2) black/royal blue Under Armour (HIGHLY COVETED!)

3) University of Kentucky (A gift from my family, meant to aggravate my husband who is a University of North Carolina fan)

4) Another University of Kentucky (If it worked the first time, it might work a second time!)

5) Red Sox (All men in my home love this team!)

6) Air Force (It's our livelihood, therefore we must honor it!)

7) Keeneland (A horse racing course in Lexington, Kentucky, and also pictured below. Funny thing about this hoodie is that it's pale blue in color, making it appear to be a Carolina hoodie at first glance, until you see the big K-E-E-N-E-L-A-N-D across the front and then my husband knows it's yet ANOTHER Kentucky hoodie.)

8) PromisedLand (A bluegrass gospel quartet we recently heard at church)

Do you think this boy of mine will ever wear any of these hoodies out before he outgrows them? I think not. He's all about the hoodie though! I suppose there are worse addictions to have.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I say you just get rid of all of them except the Red Sox one and wear it proudly.
I think the kids in this house could give you a run for your money on the hoodie collection.
I don't think my kids have worn a winter jacket since we lived in Alaska.