Thursday, April 3, 2008

I'm going to the big house!

That's right, I'm going to the big house. No, no, not PRISON! I'm going to the WHITE HOUSE!

Remember me going on and on about hoping to be chosen as a chaperone for my boys' upcoming classroom field trips? I'm in! I'm going with my older son's class. And I'm excited that school personnel have asked parents to send students to school in "appropriate" attire for the day. My oldest has zero desire to dress up, but he'll do it for church when we beg. This time I'm not the person making him dress up, which therefore releases me from responsibility, and delights me in the process. He won't be going to the White House looking like something the cat dragged in, even though we don't have a cat.

I wasn't, however, chosen to go along with my younger son's class on their upcoming field trip to the White House. I just can't understand it either. Perhaps it was my overzealousness. I only emailed the teacher 12 times, sent in 5 notes and called her at home twice. It's not like I was stalking her! I don't know why she'd think that.

No comments: