Monday, March 31, 2008

Crocs really ARE for everyone!


You know what Crocs are, right? They're those ugly shoes everyone's been raving about for the last couple of years or so. Come on, you don't really think they're good-looking shoes, do you? I honestly don't think they're the least bit cute (or handsome??? if you're a man), but I guess they're somewhat fashionable and I know they're comfortable because I now have a pair of my own.

Yes, I broke down and bought some of those ugly shoes. My kids have the "original" Crocs and they love them. My husband has a pair of Croc flip-flops and he loves those. For heaven's sake, my parents have Crocs! I was feeling left out.

You see, my feet sweat (I know, TMI!) and I don't like the closed toe Crocs for that reason. I also cannot... I repeat, I CANNOT tolerate anything between my toes, therefore flip-flops of any kind are totally and completely out of the question for me. So I was looking for a pair of Crocs that were basically an open-toed slide. I found them over the weekend at Dick's Sporting Goods.

I actually went online to check out the various styles of Crocs now available and I was amazed! One can choose from a variety of styles - collegiate, sports, etc. I especially like the collegiate Crocs. Why, if you had a team playing in the Final Four of the NCAA Basketball Tournament, you could own a pair of Crocs to support your team. Check it out...





And of course there are those little shoe charms called "Jibbitz" that they sell as well. My boys had some of these, but I guess my guys are hard on shoes because the charms kept getting lost or broken. We don't buy these anymore, but they are cool, and since I'm on a basketball high right now, here are the basketball Jibbitz...

These new shoes are so comfortable and they'll be great for wearing on the beach this summer. Now I'm no longer the odd man out around here. I have my OWN Crocs, I'll have you know, and yes, I believe they really are for everyone, even if they're UGLY.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Welcome to the group!! :):) I did not know there were so many different kinds. You could probably have one pair for "Sunday go to meeting" wear. And just think then you could start a new trend!! :):):)