Saturday, March 8, 2008

WELL...

... Have you ever noticed this one word, said alone without any other words, can speak volumes? I'm not talking about the kind of well where you find water or make wishes, nor am I talking about the state of one's health. I'm simply referring to the use of the word "WELL" by itself. Allow me to elaborate, if you will...

"WELL!" can mean "What a surprise!"

"WELL!" can mean "Oh, how sweet!"

"WELL!" can mean "I couldn't help it!"

"WELL?" can mean "Are you ready? I'm waiting!"

"WELL!" can mean "I'm appalled!"

"WELL!" can mean "I can't believe that!"

"WELL!" can mean "I'm thoroughly irritated!"

"Well." can mean "My life stinks and nobody loves me."

"WELL!" can mean "*%@$*!"

You can tell the kind of mood a person is in just by the way he/she says the word "WELL." It's all in the inflection and tone of voice. I'm telling you... this one word speaks volumes! VOLUMES!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is too hilarious. It made me think, just Friday I was telling a mom about what I had planned for our teacher (I am the homeroom mom) for when she has a baby. After hearing my idea, she just sort of looked at me and said...Well, hmmmm. LOLLOL You definitely don't want Well, followed by hmmmm...

Anonymous said...

I don't think I will ever say "Well" again without thinking first.

Keep up the good blogging...you're the best!!!
Ruthie