Friday, March 28, 2008

Wednesday Folders

I've been unable to blog for the last couple of days due to the fact that I've been very busy being my children's secretary/bookkeeper. The boys bring home school folders on Wednesdays. These folders are generally full of upcoming event information, and boy, howdy, were they ever full of information this week - class pictures, White House field trip, spring carnival, book fair, etc. Lots of trees were cut down in order to send home all the paperwork parents received this week. I need my own secretary to keep up with it all!

There were not only forms to fill out and send back, but there were checks to be written as well. Of course I can't write one check for everything. How silly! I must write multiple checks, 7 to be exact, totaling $104. I feel as if I've somehow been robbed and I now have a raging case of carpal tunnel syndrome after filling out all those forms and checks.

I understand why all this information comes home on one day of the week rather than "slow-leaking" everything. It's easier for the administration to compile it all at once, however, it can be TOTALLY overwhelming for unsuspecting parents at home. I either need a nap or a stiff drink after sifting through the stuff that comes home on Wednesdays. Calgon, take me away!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you get to go on the D.C. trip? Just wondered how it turned out...:)

Marva said...

The D.C. trips (both boys are going on separate days) are in April. I do get to go with my oldest son's class! Woo-hoo!