Sunday, March 16, 2008

What a day!

Today has been busy and full of unexpected events. First, I was asked to fill in for one of the nursery workers at church, which was fine with me. There were three of us in the nursery with five kids (Yes, 5 kids) and four out of the five cried off and on the entire time. One little boy attached himself to me and would not let me put him down. At one point I was rocking two kids at the same time. Let me just say that I totally admire and appreciate the people who commit to working in the nursery week after week. I'm here to tell ya, it ain't for wimps!

I forgot my Starbuck's travel coffee mug at church, which isn't good. I love that mug! Maybe this is God's way of telling me I need to stop drinking coffee, especially since it doesn't help with my old lady acid reflux.

The boys and I went out to lunch after church (The hubby is still on a trip) and it was nice and relaxing. When we were leaving the parking lot of the restaurant, I managed to get into a fender bender. It was a case of both parties backing out of parking spaces at the same time and backing into one another. I didn't see her and she didn't see me. Luckily it wasn't serious and I doubt there'll be a need to involve insurance companies. The poor girl in the other car was 16 years old and had three other friends with her. She was beside herself!

After having spent the morning in church with crying kids and the afternoon in a fender bender with a crying teenager, I was almost afraid to go anywhere else. You know that "What else could happen" kind of feeling? I really felt like I might just need to go home and stay put, but I don't happen to be superstitious, so we ran a couple of errands and checked out books from the library before calling it a day. Now I'm at home and strangely enough, I find myself wanting to either lie in a fetal position and suck my thumb or break open a bottle of wine. Hmmmm....

No comments: