Saturday, March 22, 2008

How long does it take to cut a guy's hair?

No, this is not a riddle. It's a complaint really. I took the boys to get haircuts during spring break, which was, by the way, NOT something they really wanted to do, but I'm still "somewhat" in charge, so that's what we did.

Anyway... we went to the boys' usual barber shop and there were only two haircutters working that day. Two men were already sitting in chairs, haircuts in progress, and we were the only other people in the shop, so that meant the boys would be next. I thought to myself that it would be a quick deal. The boys would be in the chairs and have their haircuts finished in no time.

That's what I get for thinking!

Those haircutters were absolutely the ssssllllllooooowweesssstttt (That's "SLOWEST") people I've ever seen! I couldn't get over it. I mean, HELLO! You're cutting hair on a guy who is practically BALD! How long could that possibly take? Evidently quite a long time because we waited and we waited and then we waited some more. I swear, I think my haircuts take less time than these guys', and I usually have mine washed, cut and styled. Come on people, step it up!

Yep, going to the barber shop is a lesson in patience for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

After trimming the nose and ear hairs and working that comb over so it sits just right, that's a makeover that could take awhile. Plenty of time to catch up on your magazine reading.