Tuesday, March 11, 2008

So many prayers!

Do you ever feel completely overwhelmed with the number of prayers you need to pray? I do. It seems there are so many of my friends who are in need of prayer these days. I have friends dealing with cancer, going through challenging fertility issues, grieving the loss of a loved one... I hardly know how to pray effectively for each and every person.

I think the older I get, the more I realize the fragility of life and how quickly our time on earth passes. Our world is filled with complications and challenges, sometimes too much for us to handle alone, so we ask for prayer. Sometimes prayer is all one CAN do, but it's always the BEST one can do.

I believe in the power of prayer, but I also find that I can easily become disheartened and feel burdened over the sheer volume of prayer requests that come my way. Who else feels this? Please tell me I'm not alone. How do you deal with this feeling?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good Thoughts. But what happens when you are in several Bible Study Groups or Small Groups or a Sunday School??? Yes, like you said, there are a lot of people out there hurting, they all want and need prayer support, but we can't remember them all, and we shouldn't beat ourselves up if we don't...that is when the Holy Spirit comes into play and He remembers all the request we forgot.

No scripture to actually support those thoughts, but a good principle.

Just my thoughts, because I, too, get overwhelmed at times.

Ruthie