Thursday, March 13, 2008

Don't I wish...

Swimsuit season is approaching and I know this because I received a Newport News catalog in today's mail, one that features... you got it - SWIMSUITS! Our family is moving this summer and we'll be living close to the beach. I'm nowhere near ready for the beach, and Lord knows I really don't want to subject myself or the rest of the world to my body in a swimsuit.

Swimsuit models just make me ill! Have you seen how perfect they look? I realize photos can be retouched, but I'd be willing to bet these ladies look pretty doggone hot, retouched or not. Let's just say I wouldn't be willing have my photo taken with them. Here's just a glimpse of what I saw today...


This photo is on the cover. I would sooner die than wear a suit like this! Of course I can only imagine the tan lines one would have as a result of wearing this to the beach, but hey, if I had the body I really wouldn't give a hoot about the tan lines.


Again, can you imagine the tan lines after having worn this suit to the pool or the beach all day? Someone might think aliens had visited and left you a little memento. You know, like the pictures we've all seen of corn fields where it looks like someone has made perfect circles.


I guess I'd be hoping the little rings in the center of my suit don't snap. That could be slightly embarrassing, huh?


I think I'll refrain from anything with an animal print for fear of being mistaken for an escaped zoo animal. That, too, could possibly be embarrassing for me.

Not at all sure I'll be ordering from the Newport News catalog this season. I don't think there's enough material in any of these suits to cover up my "multitude of sins."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Balderdash...you are infinitely more beautiful than those women in the photos....

Marva said...

Honey, you always know what to say! Note: Husbands who flatter (lie to) their wives concerning these matters WILL earn brownie points.