Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Who are you and what have you done with my son?

My 2nd grade son brought home an art/writing project from school last week. Evidently this was something his class did around St. Patrick's Day because it's green, has shamrocks on it, along with the caption "I am lucky because....." Don't you think I'm extremely clever to have figured this out all on my own? I know, I amaze myself sometimes.

Anyway, there were small shamrocks with various "half sentences" where the kids had to fill in the blanks to complete the sentences. I was amused and confused upon reading a couple of these. Here's a sampling of what I read, followed by my own personal thoughts in parentheses.

"A great thing about me is ..... I am very good at math."
(What? He's a decent math student, but he's no whiz. He's got confidence though; I'll give him that!)

"My hobbies are ..... working in school and doing homework."
(What? Who are you trying to impress? And those aren't hobbies, but I'll remember you said this when you're bored with nothing to do!)

"I am lucky because..... I have a brother and he is very nice to me. He shares his stuff."
(Awwwww! This one is true and warms my heart.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Projetores, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://projetor-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.