Thursday, September 18, 2008

I'm a fashionista!

A couple of nights ago my husband and I had to "divide and conquer" with kid activities. I took one kid to soccer practice and he took the other to Scouts. I'd been in a bit of a hurry, trying to get my son to change into soccer gear and making sure I had my grocery list so that I could shop at the commissary while he was at practice.

Upon arriving at the soccer fields, I decided to go touch base with my son's coach so that I could tell him where I could be reached during practice in case something came up. As I hopped out of the truck (Yes, we now have our truck... more about that later), I looked down and saw these on my feet...
I'd left home without changing out of my slippers! And notice the evidence of having just taken off my socks? How sexy is that?

Imagining just how thrilled my son would be to have me accompany him looking so cool, I just told him where I'd be rather than going over to speak to his coach. I then called my husband and asked him how embarrassed he'd be to know that I was about to enter the commissary wearing a pair of bedroom slippers. Luckily he's not easily embarrassed as he laughingly told me to go for it.

I figured I'd see everyone I knew because that's usually the way it goes when I look my worst, but I was spared the humiliation as I only saw a couple of people I recognized, which is part of the beauty of being in a new location.

Yep, I'm a regular fashionista... a trend setter here in Spain. Next thing you know, EVERYONE will be wearing their bedroom slippers in public. Just wait and see...

No comments: