Saturday, September 6, 2008

Turning 43

I can't even believe I'm 43. Of course I couldn't believe it when I turned 33 or 23 or... Time just flies, doesn't it? The older I get, the more I realize how time is so very fleeting.

My husband was TDY for my birthday and I think it made him feel bad. I was okay with it; after all, I'm 43 now and a big girl, but he's never missed my birthday before, so it was strange not to be spending it with him. He did do some very sweet, thoughtful things for me though. I almost hesitate to share this information with anyone because it gets my husband in trouble with the guys when their wives find out what he's done for me. I'll make an exception in this case...

That man of mine arranged for me to enjoy a day of pampering at the base spa/salon. I had a spa pedicure, manicure, 1-hour body massage and a haircut and style. It was wonderful! He left behind a very special card for me and he also enlisted the help of one of our new friends in picking up and delivering a birthday cake to me. I was going to buy one for myself because I'm all about birthday cake. It's a MUST whenever someone has a birthday in our family.

Anyway... it was so nice to be thought of and loved from afar. Turning 43 is so much easier when I realize I'm growing older with the love of my life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!! Smiles O:)