Monday, November 10, 2008

Can't get enough...

Yesterday we went with friends to Puerto Sherry. I'd been there a couple of times, but never with my hubby. We went at low tide, something I hadn't done, and it was so beautiful! Puerto Sherry is located on Muralla Beach (named after the old city walls which still stand at the western end of the beach). There we walked and looked for shells. The kids decided they needed to venture out onto the rocks in the tide pools. Of course they all got wet and a couple of them fell and had minor cuts and scrapes, but those were expected incidents. We enjoyed a delicious seaside dinner afterward. I'll share some of the sights with you...

The sun was starting to set upon our arrival, so naturally I had to start snapping pictures right away. I don't guess I'll ever grow tired of seeing this... The sun has the appearance of a 6-point star, doesn't it? Kinda cool.


We had the good fortune of watching this couple pose for wedding photos on the beach. I couldn't help but sneak a couple of photos of my own.

See the rocks? They aren't even visible during high tide.

These ruins are part of the old city wall I mentioned above.

If you look closely, you'll see kids climbing on the ruins. Not sure I'd want my kids doing that, but alas, they weren't my kids.

These walls are massive! I wonder how long it took to build them as well as just how old they are. I suppose I need to research them further. I have read that this is the area from which Napoleon bombed Cadiz.

Here the kids are joined by my hubby as they insisted on exploring the rocks and the tide pools. Obviously he was outnumbered!

Hey, baby! Smile... you're going to be on my blog!

This picture gives me a feeling of serenity. I can almost hear Christopher Cross singing "Sailing." How 80's is that?

We saw people fishing and I thought to myself that I might have to find my fishin' pole. I don't think I could find a prettier place to cast a line.

No words necessary.

It was starting to get dark here, but I wanted to snap this photo of my son with the grand finding of the evening... a starfish... and it was still moving.

Here are the boys with their buddies. They had such a good time, cuts and scrapes aside of course.

Here's the little man, happy as always just to be in the moment. Everyone should live life the way he does.

Here's the big guy, who has really begun to embrace life in Spain. He's maturing a little more every day.

Here we are... my hubby and me... enjoying a beautiful sunset on the beach in Spain. Pinch me, somebody! Okay, it's only a figure of speech. Please don't pinch me. Seriously.

Puerto Sherry has become one of my favorite spots, someplace I find myself wanting to return to, time and time again. I simply can't get enough of this beautiful place.

No comments: