Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Election Day brings about awesome results!

As you know, yesterday was Election Day in the States. Yes, my husband and I sent in our absentee ballots and took part in the election process as we consider it to be both a privilege and a responsibility as American citizens to cast our votes. Of course it wasn't easy for me to get my absentee ballot. For whatever reason, my husband received his via the postal service, but I never received mine. I finally had to call and request it, and luckily they were able to email it to me as it was getting down to the wire. I downloaded it, printed it out and sent it back via the postal service. Like I said, it wasn't easy, but I did it because I felt I needed to do it.

I will have to say that Election Day 2008 brought awesome results, particularly for our family, as we've been waiting and praying for this day to come for a very, very long time. We're so pleased with the outcome as it brings about great change for us.

What kind of change? The best kind of course...

We have a new baby in our family! My younger brother and his wife have a sweet baby girl born on November 4, 2008. She's the first granddaughter in our family and therefore the only niece on my side of the family as well. Our family is so very happy and incredibly blessed to have this new life to celebrate and nurture. My brother and his wife have been waiting for their miracle to arrive for so long, and it wasn't an easy road by any means, but their faith was strong and they believed God would be beside them, leading them every step of the way, and they were right.

What kind of Election Day change did you think I was talking about?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank Goodness I scrolled down...Congrats on the new baby!

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness I scrolled down to read the rest of your "awesome" results!

Congrats on the new baby. Remember not to spoil too much, they can turn into my monsters!