Thursday, April 16, 2009

Momma needs a new pair of shoes... or two!

I've needed some new shoes for a while now. I hate shopping for shoes for three reasons....

#1) I've had surgery on one foot, and now I have a touch of arthritis, which means I can't wear just any kind of shoe. It's got to be a decent shoe (Translation = Expensive) with good support and a relatively low heel. I'm all about comfort these days. Good grief, do I sound old or what?

#2) Attractive shoes in my size (10 or 11, depending on how they're made) are difficult to find. Most look like "granny shoes" or something one might wear into combat. Even if I can't wear the cute strappy, high-heeled shoes, I'd still like to wear something pretty and fashionable. Is that too much to ask? It appears to be.

#3) Shoes in my size are practically non-existent here in Spain, on or off base. I'm almost forced to order shoes online, and that stinks because I really need to try on shoes before purchasing them. I hate to waste time, energy and money ordering shoes and waiting an eternity for them to arrive, only to have to ship them back.

So... you see, I hate shopping for shoes and tend to hold onto them for a very long time. But, my friends, yesterday it was time... time for me to break down and buy some shoes. First of all, I needed dress shoes for an event I'm attending tomorrow night. I know, I know... I shouldn't wait until the last minute to shop for shoes. Trust me, I've figured that out. I thought I'd found an okay pair shoes that were similar to ballet slippers, but quickly determined they didn't have enough sole support. BLAST! Guess I'm stuck with the black pumps I've had for nearly 10 years now. No, I'm not kidding. I've had the same pair of shoes for almost 10 years.

Thankfully I had better luck finding new tennis shoes, which thrilled me since my old pair definitely needed replacing. I'm telling you, I love these new tennies! Check 'em out... Aren't they cute? The Nike Air Alvord VI is the "perfect trail running shoe for the runner who is looking for a comfortable and stable ride." At least that's what it says about the shoes online.

Am I a runner? Um... no. Will I ever be a runner? Um... no, probably not. But are these comfortable shoes? Yeah, baby! They're keepers! I can hardly believe I found them at the NEX. SCORE! How do you think they'd look with a formal dress?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

check "naturalizer" brand. they make the most comfortable shoes i've ever worn, and they're damn cute. :)

http://www.naturalizer.com/