Friday, April 3, 2009

One of those "DUH" moments...

Today I went to a parent/teacher conference to discuss the progress of my 6th grade son. My appointment was at 2pm, but I showed up about 10 minutes early, thinking I was being very responsible and had it all together.

Upon arriving at my son's classroom, I found his teacher sitting at her desk and I let her know I was there, but was early, and told her if she needed more time I could wait in the hallway. She invited me in right away and we sat at a table in the back of the classroom.

The teacher then looked at me and very politely said, "It's nice to see you and I'm happy to talk to you about D, but parent/teacher conferences are actually next Friday."

So much for having it all together!

I later chuckled to myself, imagining what my thoughts about this teacher would have been if she hadn't been sitting in her classroom today. (The kids were out of school today as spring break has started, so she could have very easily been out of town.) I would have thought she was completely blowing me off. And she'd have thought the same about me when next Friday rolled around and I didn't show up for our conference.

Sometimes I worry about my sanity... Truly!

No comments: